Transgender Fertility Workshop
Fertility Preservations: Implications, legalities and creating a future family
Our aims are to explore in an experiential environment the options available to the transgender community and the fertility counsellor’s role in supporting their journey. We will explore their journey through preservation to helping to create a family. We will explore the legalities involved in both treatment and storage.
An interactive workshop for counsellors aiming to: -
• Fertility Preservations and options available •
• The importance of Gender Dysphoria Diagnosis
• Develop awareness of our own thoughts around language used within the clinic and within counselling
• We will discuss HFEA consents both for storage and treatment • Welfare of the Child Considerations
• Consider the implications of fertility preservation both short and long term when trying to create a family as a transgender person.
• We will hear first hand the experience from a transgender patient The
This workshop is delivered by experienced trainers accredited by BICA as specialist infertility counsellors Janet Owen & Angela Pericleous-Smith
For more info and tickets: https://www.bica.net/event/31/BICA/Transgender-Fertility-Workshop-London-7th-December-2018.html